Located just north of the US-36/US-281 junction, Lebanon has access to major markets in four directions. It is also served by main line trains of the Kyle Railroad handling freight. Because of its central location and surrounding farmlands, Lebanon is a crossroads to the nation during hunting seasons with hunters traveling hundreds of miles to hunt Pheasant, Quail, Dove, Turkey and Deer. Location of the geographical center of the United States was established by the government geodetic survey of 1898. Financed by the business and professional people of Lebanon, a stone marker north and west of town was dedicated on June 29, 1941. When Alaska and Hawaii were added as States, Lebanon’s site became the Historical Geographical Center of the 48 States or the Contiguous United States. There is a park kept up by the Lebanon HUB Club members where you can picnic and rest. A small chapel there where you can find inspiration. A few weddings have also been held in the chapel or in the park.
Welcome To Lebanon, Kansas
- Business In Lebanon
- Churches In Lebanon
- City Government
- Local History
- Hoss’s Antiques & Collectibles Hwy. 281 & Main St. Lebanon, KS 66952 785-389-1661
- The Peoples Bank 504 Main St Lebanon, KS 66952 (785) 389-5341
- LaDow’s Supermarket/Variety Store & Cafe 415 Main St. Lebanon, KS 66952 (785) 389-3261
* AFLAC Insurance 200 Chestnut St. P.O. Box 236 Lebanon, KS 66952-0236 (785) 282-6248 Business Hours: M-TH 9 AM–4 PM email@example.com Cheryl_maus@us.Aflac.com
- Midway Co-Op Inc. Service Station, Tire Repair, Propane 110 Elm St Lebanon, KS 66952 (785) 389-8561
- Midway Co-Op Inc. Elevator, Seed Cleaning, Fertilizer, Feed 600 Main Lebanon, KS 66952 (785) 389-5311
- Lebanon RV Park Chestnut St Lebanon, KS 66952
- Lebanon Post Office
418 Main St. Lebanon, KS 66952
- Lebanon American Legion Hall Main St. Lebanon, KS 66952
- Lebanon Community Center Main St. Lebanon, KS 66952
- Lebanon Community Park- Downtown
- U.S. Center Park- 1 Mile North and 1 Mile West of Town
- Lebanon Golf Course – 1 mile North of Town & 1/2 mile East.
- American Legion Post #185
- American Legion Auxiliary
- BPW Club
- Christian Womans Fellowship(785) 389-1491
- Kanza House Genealogy History & Resource Library Assn. Lebanon, KS 66952 President: Gloria Snow firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lebanon Hub Club (Chamber of Commerce) President: Lori Ladow (785) 389-3582
LHS Alumni AssociationMusic Study Club Over 60 Club
|City Attorney:||Shannon McDowell|
|City Clerk:||Kristy Howard|
|City Fire Chief:||Bryan Befort|
|City Judge:||Terry Jennings|
|City Superintendent:||Cecil Miller|
|City Treasurer:||Sondra Kennedy|
Lebanon Volunteer Fire Dept, Call City Office
|Lebanon City Offices 404 Main St Lebanon, KS 66952 Phone: (785) 389-1141.|
US Post Office
418 Main St Lebanon, KS 66952
Phone: (785) 389-8801
- Smith County Family Practice 119 E Parliament St Smith Center, KS 66967 Phone:(785) 282-6834
- Smith County Health Department 119 S. Main Smith Center, KS 66967 Phone:(785 -282-6656Ê Fax: (785) 282-3301
- Smith County Memorial Hospital 614 S. Main St. Smith Center, KS 66967 (785) 282-6845 (785) 282-6722 – Long Term Care (785) 282-6859 – General Surgery (785) 282-6331 – Fax
- The Eye Care Center of Beloit and Smith Center
- Myers and Thompson ODS 128 West Kansas Ave Smith Center, KS 66967
Toll-Free (800) 282-6086 (785) 282-6086, Fax (785) 282-3978,
- Emergency (785) 282-6086,
As the early settlers came and homesteaded in Smith County, a post office and village were established on Middle Oak Creek in the early 1870’s. A group of settlers asked Jackson “Jack” Allen, a Bible student and leading literary man of the day, to select the name for the town. “Why not go to the Bible?” was his first inspiration. Searching its pages, he stopped when he read of The Cedars of Lebanon and suggested that name. Nobody opposed, and the name of Lebanon was recorded in the records in 1873. It was in October of 1887 that the residents of Old Lebanon picked up their very town, down to the foundations, and moved it four miles northeast. The people of Old Lebanon moved because the Rock Island Railroad, threading its way across Kansas toward the west, missed old Lebanon.
Location of the geographical center of the United States was established by the government geodetic survey of 1898. Financed by the business and professional people of Lebanon, a stone marker north and west of town was dedicated on June 29, 1941. Wording on Marker Geographic Center of the United States Latitude 39’50’ Longitude 98’35’ NE _ SE 14-S32-T2S-R11W Located by L.T. Hagadorn of Paulette & Wilson Engineers and L.A. Beardslee County Engineer From data furnished by U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey Sponsored by the Lebanon Hub Club Lebanon KS April 25, 1940 When Alaska and Hawaii were added as States, Lebanon’s site became the Historical Geographical Center of the 48 States or the Contiguous United States.
Gary Thompson Real Estate 500 Kansas Ave Lebanon, KS 66952 (785) 389-1711
Lebanon Housing Authority Kansas Ave. Lebanon, KS 66952 Judy Hall, (785) 282-3825
Box 67, North Main Lebanon, KS 66952 (785) 389-5711 Email Address: email@example.com
Library Hours: M-T-W-Th 2-5 pm;
Closed Friday, Saturday & Sunday and federal holidays.
New Twitter account: LebKSLibrary
First Tweet event is #herotravel
Library Resources & Services: Member of Central Kansas Library System Children’s Programs Library Board Community Services Computer Services Map to Library Weather
Current Events View current library events at: Library Facebook
Available at the library Applications for the low income energy assistance program (LIEAP) can be picked up at the library. Information is also available about the Earned Income Credit and the Child Tax Credit tax programs. Kansas Income Tax forms and the Kansas Homestead Claim booklet are also available The library has copies of the monthly publication, The Kansas Senior Times. Come in and pick one up.
Summer Library Reading Program To be announced.